Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've been sick for two months
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384397&mesg_id=13384422
13384422, I've been sick for two months
Posted by MEAT, Mon May-18-20 10:45 AM
I think it was a small gas leak in the house. Sometime in February they came and did our floors that they messed up. I'm the one that had to reinstall the appliances and that included the stove. Last week I was reading up on something about indoor air pollution and I moved the stove to check to see if it was sealed. I was able to turn the nozzle about 1-2 degrees, which isn't significant, but it's more than 0.

So my fitness story goes like this as a result. We quarantine in mid march so then I'm home all day every day. I start to feel sick because I'm indoors and it's raining. I have bad asthma for two weeks and the only thing that helps it is that I get on my trainer bike on zwift. As my lungs start to hurt during the day more and my heart and lungs at night I get worried about COVID. But there's no tests. So I figure I'm at least going to stay in shape. So I ride about 30min to an hour hard daily, in a small room with shit for ventilation ... just to force the lungs to take full breaths.

This doesn't work but I lose weight. I get a doctor digitally they prescribe a z pack and some prednisone. I shoot up 5 lbs over 5 days. And I don't feel better.

Over the course of the past two months it's been a mix of seeing different doctors with multiple tests to find out what's wrong with me physically as my blood pressure and heart rate randomly drop during the day and night. While feeling physically in some of the best shape of my life.

So ... a push?

I can exercise with the best of them right now. But physically I'm still fucked up from being in a poorly circulated house and room (both exercise and office) all day every day for two months. But I'm only up 3 lbs from where I was at before. And I recently got a bike that I can ride outdoors. So I'm going to try to incorporate that daily.