Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"Retooling" the entire verzuz format isn't a light critique or sugg tho.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384290&mesg_id=13384313
13384313, "Retooling" the entire verzuz format isn't a light critique or sugg tho.
Posted by kfine, Sun May-17-20 12:50 PM
You basically advocated for cutting the format in half but allowing for 5 bonus tracks, to accomodate matchups between less competitive catalogues. That would be a pretty significant change for them to make midway (and it shouldn't surprise that not everyone may like the idea).

I do find it interesting that you interpreted my use of "free" to mainly refer to you/viewers not being charged to watch, tho. That's part of it, but really what I was getting at is a fair amount of uncompensated effort still goes into organizing these matchups, not to mention artists (and members of their staff) themselves setting aside time that they could/would obv charge a lot more for.

So I could see light critiques/suggestions about keeping to start times, song times, sound quality, etc. Those are small fixes that would dramatically improve execution. But demands to alter the whole format and dictate if/how artists express themselves while performing just seems a bit much. Not sure why my sharing this annoys you since you asked for our opinions *shrug*