Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI understand, it's a shitty situation to be in.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13383747&mesg_id=13384661
13384661, I understand, it's a shitty situation to be in.
Posted by Backbone, Tue May-19-20 03:03 PM
I'm not in a high risk group, but during the early days of the outbreak (I'm in the EU btw) I got pretty stressed because I share a kitchen/common area with eight other people, and they felt like in-house distancing (in addition to outside distancing) was too much of a burden.

It looks like our government stepped on the brakes just in time to avoid a shit storm like Italy, the UK or the USA, and our region wasn't hit too badly, so I became more relaxed about our in-house situation eventually, but I imagine being at higher risk and having a bunch of baboons at the helm makes it way harder to stay calm about it.

If you haven't already, read the blog I linked. It's not going to dispel your fears, but it might help you find personal ways to minimize possible exposure. Government guidelines are just that, guidelines, but with a little effort you can draw up a personal protocol adjusted to your specific situation. I imagine it might help to feel in control a little more.

In any case, good luck with everything, I hope it turns out okay for you.