Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIn a PA red county (suburban Phila.)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13383747&mesg_id=13383796
13383796, In a PA red county (suburban Phila.)
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed May-13-20 11:41 AM
and am a bit concerned that people are letting their guard down.

I have kept my office open, but we're small so only one person in at a time. Lots of Lysol spray before/after each visit.
I see my folks almost every day but wear a mask. Other than that, minimal in-person contact outside of shopping.

Generally people are following masking/distancing rules when I see them out (actually better now than a few weeks ago), but I suspect there's a lot of less visible lowering of the guard and that concerns me.

Came home from a walk one night and it sure as hell sounded like the neighbors had company for dinner on their back porch. Other neighbors had 5 cars in the driveway for Mother's Day, grandkids playing basketball with grandpa in the driveway, no masks in sight, you know family dinner was around the big table. Lots of groups of multiple teenagers out walking (never any masks) or in stores together. People out for walks/runs in pretty busy downtowns where there's no way they can keep 6' distances, with no masks... it's one thing if you're out in a neighborhood but in a place that still has pretty heavy foot traffic, that's not cool.

Wife has gone walking with a neighbor a few times with no mask and it makes me nervous. I joined them twice but masked up; had a beer with them after one walk and we kept our distance but I came home and was like 'I was uncomfortable with that.'

My main concern isn't even for me/us but for my folks & other older and compromised people I know. My wife's aunt died of the virus two weekends back, was in a nursing home & had been doing okay but got sick and died in like 5 days. Don't want that to happen to anyone else.