Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRe-opening America (Wave 1) - post your experiences
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13383747&mesg_id=13383747
13383747, Re-opening America (Wave 1) - post your experiences
Posted by handle, Wed May-13-20 09:53 AM
California and San Diego are still officially under stay at home order, but things are re-opening.

Our mayor is requesting that San Diego be allowed to manage its transition back and not have to follow the governor's orders.

The churches are still under orders to stay home but they are planning on packing them no matter what the public health officials say.

Meanwhile I work for a hospital system and they think the cases are going to grow dramatically into July, and that the deaths in California might DOUBLE in August.

Prediction: By August things will be open AND the total amount of deaths will triple. Might now we have 2,977 deaths in California.

I am not enjoying other people's actions.

Work has not called us back in but people are talking like we'll be in the office soon (like in the next 45 days) but I am not going to go into the office even if it means they let me go.

--
My experience as of today:

When I go out I've noticed that traffic has increased quite a bit, and the parking lots at supermarkets and shopping centers in markedly increased.

People are wearing masks I'd say 85% of the time.