Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: The Murder of Ahmed Arbrey (Swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13380931&mesg_id=13382776
13382776, RE: The Murder of Ahmed Arbrey (Swipe)
Posted by sersey, Thu May-07-20 05:40 PM
This post is about one thing Ive been pondering. The family's ability to get justice. The facts of the case matter, yes. And to you and me the killers are clearly guilty. But when has that ever stopped the justice system from failing us time and time again.In a court room there are tons of variables that play well or play badl with a jury. Thats what I wanna focus on.

I've seen the Arbery family's attorney in media the past few days making his plea for the immediate arrest of the killers and while I agree, the cynic in me immediately thinks....

neither the DA or the white citizens of Brunswick, GA give a shit what your black ass thinks. Then I thought, why dont more black families seek out White attorneys that have a strong record with wrongful death/civil rights cases with racial undertones.

We know the defendants are going to paint Ahmaud as the aggressor. And the way to make a strong case for Ahmaud is to Humanize him. The person doing the humanizing in the court of public opinion (tv/media) and in the courtroom should look like the majority of america (White). But they can also serve as a strong ally for the family of the slain, as well as the best messenger.

Why isnt that the strategy in more of these cases??? A black attorney didnt help Trayvon Martin's case or some of the others where Benjamin Crump was legal counsel.

Sad to say, but a black man representing a dead black man doesnt do much for a reluctant white jury. You wanna pull at their heart strings then get their attention with someone that looks like them.

Thoughts???