Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRight. Furthermore, even if we take writing out of it - I'm sure most
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13380770&mesg_id=13381010
13381010, Right. Furthermore, even if we take writing out of it - I'm sure most
Posted by kfine, Mon Apr-27-20 08:09 PM
folks would listen to RS rhyme in the clip he just linked and LH rhyme in the clip I linked and give the edge to Lauryn on flow and word play. Her delivery's just a lot more dynamic to one's ears.

Personally, I don't really care about all that who wrote for who crap anyway. So many artists male and female collaborate that way (eg. in that Still DRE v. BTAU post folks talked about Jay writing Dre's verses like its no big deal), but *only* with female artists is it used to discredit their entire existence. It's annoying.

Always some unsubstantiated decades old rumor like something something Big wrote all Kim's shit something somethin Jay wrote all Foxy's shit something someting Wyclef wrote all Lauryn's shit. It's like the baseline assumption is supposed to be women are fundamentally incapable of writing and delivering dope rhymes.

I think it's safe to say the game just is what it is and all but the very few get put on/assisted by somebody at some point.