Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think yall are throwing me with the term "Civil War"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13379816&mesg_id=13386652
13386652, I think yall are throwing me with the term "Civil War"
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jun-01-20 11:30 AM
When I think Civil War, I am thinking comparable forces in a armed fight for control of the government. I think it takes a lot to get to that point and it's got to be about a huge issue. I don't think we are anywhere close to that.

I do think we are going into a period where there will be attempted insurrections, domestic terrorist attacks and guerilla warfare.

The closest we could get to Civil War would be Trump losing, declaring the election illegitimate and announcing that he will not step down and telling people to take up arms on his behalf. How much of the US Military & Police do you think would join him? 5%? 10%? I doubt it. Could Trump get 1M people take up arms and fight for him? I doubt and even if he could that is not nearly enough people to start a Civil War in a nation of 300M people.

Given our size, form of government, federalism, military, we are nowhere close to what it would take to start a civil war.

Again, I don't think that it means that it is all good. I expect that this country will produce Timothy McVeigh types at x1000 the rate it was in the 1990s. There will be Oklahoma City Bombings on the regular once their is a Dem President again. It will suck, but I still don't think that equals a Civil War.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"