Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: how so? just curious
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13379459&mesg_id=13379588
13379588, RE: how so? just curious
Posted by fif, Mon Apr-20-20 01:35 AM
Ehh it was a snide comment. I don't mean to be going at anyone. And there are a ton of factors that go into the results so to reduce it to class is simplistic and possibly just wrong. Could be 25 garbagemen going red.

I try to avoid arguing about much on here but I've worked 3 days in the last two weeks. the $1200 will get May rent paid but after that--touch and go. And i know a lot of people completely out of jobs many of whom were already in precarious housing situations. Forget about having healthcare lol. I haven't been to a doctor in ten years. I've made some bad decisions thatve landed me where I am but eg the early 20s guys I work with are ass out of the thriving-in-america boat through absolutely no fault of their own. And to them and me Bernie is so damn obvious. Just some Bros in a bubble. To be fair most all of my closest well to do office warrior (now full-pay WFH) people are Bernie backers as well. So yea I was saddened that okp (and the nation) didn't coalesce around him. might speak to, as legs said, where people are in life. A lot of people here are doing well, being grown, raising kids--which is great, congrats to one and all. But possibly that success and those responsibilities make people susceptible to a pseudo-pragmatism that shrinks the dream, misses the zeitgeist and lands us with an uninspiring candidate in cognitive decline