Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecta couple of things...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13379235&mesg_id=13380859
13380859, a couple of things...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Apr-26-20 01:39 PM
sounds like you're projecting your own personal issues with Rashida Jones based off one article onto the show. With a name like "Rashida Jones" I wonder how hard was it for her to "pass" as white. Growning up in Bel-Air as Quincy Jones' daughters I'd imagine they both had an upbringing somewhat similar to the kids in the show.

Also, the show is basically a parody of Barris' life and Black-ish where a black dude has a bi-racial wife named Rainbow, the name of Barris' actual wife who looks lite, brite, and damn near white in every pic I've seen.

Secondly, Rashida was hilarious and low-key stole the show.

Most black people that have succeeded and attained significant wealth in entertainment, sports, as well as other areas, a lot of them still have extended families like the one depicted in the show, not "weird" at all. Some of them still associate with their possibly "less evolved" friends from back in the day as cited by specific examples in the show lol.

All the episodes were hilarious and built on each other. From the relationship between Barris and Rashida, to each one of the kids. He basically says everything he wanted to say on Black-ish but couldn't.

The 2nd episode with them buying the molly and going to the concert was hilarious. I met up with some friends in their 40's at a recent Chris Brown show and we had similar experiences minus the molly lol.