Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMost relationships play out like Issa and Lawrence’s
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13378115&mesg_id=13386885
13386885, Most relationships play out like Issa and Lawrence’s
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-02-20 11:59 AM
definitely reminds me of my relationships that stalled out. Communication stopped. They lost interest or maybe it’s because I lost interest or thought the grass was greener.

As soon as I was single tho.. my shit would start popping.

I think some of it is feeling like you have to be home when your SO gets home and you end up missing out on organic friendships and connections that could lead to better opportunities.

Ionno.. i think it’s hard to be your best self if you took a few L’s and your SO keeps giving you the “pep talks”.. eventually resentment builds and the pep talks turn into critiques and criticism.

After I got played by the ex in college I started kicking it with another woman who was older and a dope ass painter. She’s a big deal in NYC’s art scene right now. Anyway.. I remember quitting a job washing dishes at Applebee’s and when I told her I expected to hear the “get a job nigga” speech and instead she said “good.. you are too talented to be washing dishes. I’ll never forget the energy that gave me.

Long rant but the point is sometimes you need to be single to be your best you before you can focus on a relationship.