Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe first 10 minutes were meh, but the ep got good after that!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13378115&mesg_id=13380999
13380999, The first 10 minutes were meh, but the ep got good after that!
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Apr-27-20 06:24 PM
I seem to feel like this once a season with this show, an ep trying to cover a lot of ground but ending up just being a whole lot of disjointed filler.

However after getting past those first two scenes (condola, Lawrence and issa in the cafe, blah we get its awkward; molly and issa in the grocery store, again we get it, they have underlying tension) I think this ep was really pivotal for the whole season and (unfortunately) was a lot of shit I could relate to.

I see C and her relationship in a whole new light now and seems Lawrence does too. He is just not of her world and I think that was definitely in the back of her mind. I think she does genuinely care for him becuz she is the type of person that just genuinely cares for people but he is definitely a means to an end for her, he’s nice enuff to hang out with and fuck but not really what she wants long term.

It was so petty for her to remind him that he wasn’t really invited (she couldn’t let that lingering annoyance go (so me lol) and coupled with him saying he would and then not fixing the sink), she just had to go there lol. Then when he made the mistake of coming off whiney about his feelings and questioning her, she decided to just get it all the way popping and call him out about issa (again petty). That question about would you still be with her if she hadn’t cheated was so unnecessary and irrelevant but that’s what you do when u tryna be petty lol.

Lawrence smiley facing issa’s social media was more about him returning to safe place after he became acutely aware that he was out of his depth with condola and her whole world.

Issa’s and Molly’s time with their families was really essential to both of them and allowed for some venting and healing. I do think it would have been too soon for Andrew to have come and him not being there allowed for molly to reconcile with her dad a bit.
Issa got to finally truly vent about Lawrence and condola and show how immature and petty she still is, with that same boring thing, she got the nigga after I built him up. Different ppl bring out different things in each other and Lawrence’s life got better once he left issa, well before he got with C

Issa and molly are in a dangerous place with each other, that point where you stop really considering the other persons feelings and it seems like more harm or work than it’s worth to fix the situation (I’ve so been there smh)

Very interesting to see how bad this all gets for issa and molly and Lawrence