Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectvery curious about the road their going to take us down
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13378115&mesg_id=13378118
13378118, very curious about the road their going to take us down
Posted by shamus, Mon Apr-13-20 12:38 PM
in terms of showing the dissolution of Molly and Issa's relationship. I'm sure they'll have them making up in the future or on a future season. But still, I like this choice, as the ending of a old relationship is a common milestone of growing older. An unpacking of the incidents and longstanding dynamics that contribute to a friend-breakup is a good next step.

Other things:

While I don't really care about Lawrence, I like the choice of having Condola date him and having them deal with the discomfort of that because...real life.

I'm a fan of TSA bae and repping big bodies in sex scenes on tv.

I want things to work out with Andrew, but maybe losing him and losing Issa will finally be the catalysts for Molly to be serious about working on herself beyond working on her career.

I miss Nathan and wish more had been done with his mental health story line, but I get that we need to move on.

Her apartment is enormous.

I saw some reddit or Twitter posters complaining that they thought the ep was boring, but I enjoyed it just fine. It's a slice-of-life/coming-of-age show for late 20/early 30-somethings. We're reestablishing characters and story from the last season and showing small steps of Issa's growth. It did what it was supposed to do.