Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis nigga tried to realhiphophead me! lmao
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13377351&mesg_id=13379072
13379072, this nigga tried to realhiphophead me! lmao
Posted by Reeq, Thu Apr-16-20 09:43 PM
you the typa nigga to think a producer could bring home the victory by playing that rare vinyl white label you loved in college from your street team record pool lol.

the typa nigga to say he wished dilla was still alive cuz he woulda broke out some frank n dank and bodied everybody lol.

seriously tho...you seem to be under a false impression of what these battles really are. maybe you havent really been paying attention to them and the audience reaction.

theyre not about technical proficiency. theyre not about who better monopolized their share of contribution to the production. theyre about who had the biggest records (and usually with the biggest artists). the most classic/popular/culturally pervasive body of work. the one that has the most that-was-my-shit's in the chamber.

diddy is prolly the only cat who could match dre track for track in terms of sheer volume of hits and historical audio landmarks that they had their names attached to (do we even need to go into the death row v bad boy tie in?).

shit scott storch may have had records he was the sole producer on but he also used records he only played keys on. and he got some of his biggest round-by-round victories against mannie fresh by playing creatively mediocre (but chart topping) records by beyonce and eve/gwen stefani. thats how he put him away and what most people talked about the next morning.

cuz thats what these battles really are.

if they announced there was a dre vs diddy battle next weekend...do you know how many people would be complaining about how wack the battle is because of what diddy did or didnt do in the studio? just you my man lol. the rest of america would be hyping it up non stop for a week.

you also seem to be under the impression that much of dres classic records werent sampled loops over sampled (or replayed) break beats (much like puff) but thats another discussion i guess.