Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMan don't bring this negativity into it. She has a point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13377351&mesg_id=13377863
13377863, Man don't bring this negativity into it. She has a point.
Posted by kfine, Sat Apr-11-20 07:57 PM

You'd have to have not watched any of the ig battles so far to not see what she's talking about.

I think it was the Lil Jon v. T-Pain battle that set a new record? Over a quarter of a million accounts were tuned in/commenting.

Pair that with the increasing promotion happening across platforms, the celebs and corporate accounts checking in, etc... the audiences for these are definitely not just hip hop heads. (And not checking for AZ doesn't disqualify someone from being a head anyway lol)

The hits thing matters. It's one of the reasons ppl were calling the Scott Storch v. Mannie Fresh battle for Storch. It's one of the reasons the Lil Jon v. T-Pain battle was so well attended.

Of course heads are gonna have diff expectations and takeaways for RZA v. Primo, but TONS of people watching will only know the bigger/crossover joints and their commentary is gonna show up in feeds too. That's just fact.

edit: I do think The Format > Whatever Happened tho, lol. I vaguely remembered The Format beat being good but hadn't heard Whatever Happened before

>This shit is for the heads.
>
>Not you “hits” mafuckas