Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah, I (mostly) tapped out of The Discourse for this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13377144&mesg_id=13377184
13377184, Yeah, I (mostly) tapped out of The Discourse for this
Posted by Walleye, Wed Apr-08-20 11:43 AM
>and this time around I've learned that so-called allies are as
>fake and duplicitous as they come.

I spent a bunch of my life believing that moderate Democrats wanted the same thing as me, but they understood the necessary small steps of the political process and had a road map to get to the political outcomes that would secure stability and dignity for working people in this country. And now I just don't. There will always be another excuse, another political roadblock, another financial roadblock, even the fear of future roadblocks.

But there's no good way to argue "I don't believe you" - particularly since one of the reasons I don't believe Democrat politicians is due to the degree that they've alienated regular voters from political power. They've narrowed the sine qua non of political involvement into one simple act: voting - and particularly, voting for a set of candidates that emerge from extraordinarily limited backgrounds.

I *do* believe people here want the same things as me, but I don't believe that Joe Biden or basically anybody left of Elizabeth Warren does. I think their financial commitments make them corrupt and their comfort makes them lazy. Those people will never work for us, but yelling at people on okayplayer doesn't trickle up, so it doesn't really matter.