Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt wasn't even like that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13375016&mesg_id=13375465
13375465, It wasn't even like that
Posted by MEAT, Fri Mar-27-20 12:07 PM
Dude was like "if you really thought like this, you would do this" and I tried to understand if he was Black.

Like, you ever had to call the cops as a Black man? I'm FTP all day, but say you get into a car accident, or get your house broken into, you still gotta deal with that system. That's what life is like, you know that, I know that, everyone knows the time.

And I thought a Black person would understand that.

I believe Joe Biden is a creepy sex pest. Before this allegation, the inappropriate touching, the smelling, the other accusations, his refusal to even distance himself and then make light of other's discomforts, etc. There's not a single thing I like about the man. But watching the Democratic power structure rally around him and sweep shit under the rug, whether this (at this point it's still accusations) or just his general political faults ... it's completely unsurprising, let alone outrageous. So the binary of "your credentials in your believes is measured by your emotional response" is just mind numbing to me. It's childlike in its simplicity. We all go to jobs we hate, live in countries we dislike, date people we can hardly stand, eat foods we can barely tolerate, etc. To try to check someone one what moves their meters has zero upside to trying to build or understand or convince another person, particularly in situations where building numbers is necessary.

Yall hate the power structure? Cool, many people do. But acting holier than thou isn't toppling shit.
Relatedly that's what Eldridge did, and how'd that work out for the people?