Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyesterday...I snapped....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13374905&mesg_id=13374920
13374920, yesterday...I snapped....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Mar-25-20 08:22 AM
A nice family stroll (one kid on bike & the other catching some Zzz's in the stroller) back home from the grocery store took a down turn as we got within a block of our house...

So the elementary school is at the end of our block along with the public library. There's a huge field & a huge parking lot, along with a basketball court & playground and another smaller auxiliary play yard area that's half court & half mulched and fully fenced in. They larger field and playground is also fenced in...but there's easier access and multiple access points so much less "restricted" entry.

All public school grounds in the county have signage posted stating clearly "NO DOGS ON SCHOOL GROUNDS"... because..well...that's kinda a no brainer...Dogs shit & piss...anywhere/everywhere they have access too. This is a known rule...This is a common rule...This is common.sense.

So; we're coming down the sidewalk and as the small play yard area come into view we see a dogs tail wagging and then the closer we get we see not one but TWO more dogs just running all willy-nilly inside the play yard. These are HUGE dogs too... Also two grown ass 50+ year old couple just in there having the grandest time playing with their dogs INSIDE the fenced in play yard... As we approach closer one dog scrambles over to the mulch area to do what dogs are wont to do....begins to shit... Of course, another of the 3 dogs sees this and decides it needs to take a shit too! So now there are 2 dogs actively shitting... IN THE PLAY YARD... and the woman is walking over to scoop up one of the piles of shit but the man is just standing there watching the other dog shit and the 3rd dog is over chewing on the children's play toys that are stashed in the corner of the play yard....

I try to stay calm...and just keep it moving on to the house...then I stopped and turned back as the rest of the family went on to the house...
Wife already knew...smh...

I get to the corner...
ME:"EXCUSE ME!!" "YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR DOGS SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PLAY!"
Yada...yada..yada....
THEM:"What's the problem? We're cleaning up after them?" (in typ. entitled Baby Boomer voice)
ME:"THERES A SIGN! RIGHT.THERE!!"
THEM:"YOU need to stop yelling at us! We didn't SEE a sign! Where's a SIGN?!"
ME: "RIGHT.THERE! BUT YOU SHOULD USE COMMON SENSE! YOUR DOGS ARE SHITTING WHERE MY KIDS PLAY!"
THEM"YOU SHOULD ASK NICELY!"

Yada yada yada....

Neighbor comes out to intervene....I proceed home and walk into the house.... Wife was like "Damn, I didn't know you were gonna go ALL out. LOL"

I had to walk back to the corner to apologize to the neighbor that intervened... He understood...appreciated me coming back to him...offered some advice...
Neighbor: "Just some constructive criticism, if I may... You started off at like..a Level 8 (raises hand to nose level)..maybe if you started a little nicer things could have remained civil?"

Me: "Yeah..I started at Level 10...but...when my kids are excited about riding bikes on the court only to turn the corner and see a pack of dogs shitting all over the place...kinda ruins things for us and sends me to a not.so.happy.place. "

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"