Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think that's what happen though and I am not sure why.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13374439&mesg_id=13375124
13375124, I think that's what happen though and I am not sure why.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-25-20 04:39 PM
I don't think the democratic establishment truly was excited and thrilled about Biden, I think dude got the position by default. What people don't talk enough about is that Biden had no money and won South Carolina and Super Tuesday. The Big Democractic Donors didn't flush him with cash. Yeah he secured a nice wave of endorsements from the other candidates who dropped out but that's what every candidate still in the race is s'pose to do.

Yeah the DNC wasn't thrilled about Bernie but if he showed up with this Bernie Wave of young voters who turned out and secured his position, I think the party would have fallen in line. We will never know because they didn't show up.

Warren was my candidate but when I talked to family down south they were not feeling the new England Harvard professor. It's not that surprising. Sadly becoming president isn't about electing the most competent person.

The smart young candidate was a gay mayor from the midwest who worked for Mckinsey and didn't even have a good relationship with the black people from the town he was the Mayor of.

Maybe it was suppose to be Julian Castro but that dude looked weird, didn't have that much a track record and didn't get people that excited.

Kamala tapped out early but that was mainly because she had a poorly run organization.

People want to blame big money and the Dem establishment for it but again, big money and the Dem Establishment didn't pick Biden as its first choice. Compare his rise to the top versus Hillary who WAS the choice of big money and the Dem Establishment. Also consider Obama faced those odds and won.

I'll say it, We really did not have a Barrack, Bill Clinton or even a John Edwards this cycle that got the people going and made waves.

Don't know why that happened.

I still think Biden wins though.

*shrugs*

>couldn't surface any viable candidate under the age of 60
>
>or...50.
>
>and yet.....
>
>www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"