Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI just wonder how the primary season would have played out differently
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13374439&mesg_id=13374855
13374855, I just wonder how the primary season would have played out differently
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-24-20 02:53 PM
If we knew we'd be dealing with Corona Virus?

You'd like to think that we would have more serious candidates who appeared young-ish and healthy and ran a campaign based on competency.

I support Joe Biden not because he was my first choice, but because he is the candidate the party coalesced around. I wonder if they would have coalesced around someone who protected vigor and competency.

And before Bernie fans get to excited by that confession, if I known then what I know about Bernie's inability to build coalitions OR being out new voters, I would have wanted him out the race long ago and not have even given him any consideration.

Biden can't compete with Trump or Cuomo for airtime because they are running the effort and can have daily press conference. But he can pull all his people together who endorsed him and bless them to speak on behalf of the party as to what the dems think should be done. Biden's selling point should be he represents a team and the team can take on Trump.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"