Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDay 38. "Is the virus still going around?" - my 3 year old daughter
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13373349&mesg_id=13380032
13380032, Day 38. "Is the virus still going around?" - my 3 year old daughter
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Apr-22-20 06:53 AM
She asks this... every.single.day.
We've noticed that they've also been incorporating virus & quarantining into their imaginary play...
For instance....
*We no longer have a basement. It's the hospital now where all the sick toys go to get fixed.
*I now know what they think a coughing horse sounds like.
*The Barbie with the bun gets hurt more than the Barbie with the long hair...so the bun Barbie is restricted on what activities she can do..incidentally....the Barbie with the bun is light skinned & the Barbie with the long hair is dark skinned... I don't really know how to process that or if it's necessary...but there it is...

Recap;
So yesterday was my first day back in the office since Day 23.... Haven't been on the bicycle in weeks. Driving feels foreign too. I realize that's a privileged thing to say. It was wild to get into the car and have a FULL TANK of gas...incidentally it's also that $3/gallon gas...not this $1.85/gallon mess.... I lightweight wish I needed to get gas just to take advantage of these prices.

It was nice to see the police tape removed and the streets back open as I came off of the 14th street bridge back into the city. I think i'll be getting back on the bike now that I know my route home is no longer restricted.

It's weird that my face isn't familiar to everyone now....and I barely recognize anyone else myself...because of the masks. I think masks are going to be the new status symbol. My feed is already littered with ads for fashion masks...and I catch myself noticing the quality or lack of quality of the masks I see folks wearing...

Trying to get back into my running routine...it's tough though...not because i'm suddenly out of shape or anything...I just need to change my playlist...everytime that ONE song comes on, I kinda loose it and the tears fck up my cadence and the rest of the run goes down hill from there....

Today;
Gonna head back to the home base in a few...I been here at the office since 5:30am and seen what needs to be seen, coordinated what needs to be coordinated, and gotten just enough exposure to others to keep me shook until at least tomorrow morning..

We're following a daily routine that was posted up on the https://www.khanacademy.org/ website. The kids seem to dig it...and it keeps us in a semi sustainable daily rhythm. I look forward to the outdoor activity more now that the weather is warming up. Teaching the kids how to jump rope has been fun...and the 7 year old thinks she's ready for some double dutch action...we'll see...she kinda clumsy though. real talk.

peep the sig...

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"