Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere's a dope volunteer network in my community I'm a part of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13373349&mesg_id=13373429
13373429, There's a dope volunteer network in my community I'm a part of
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Mar-15-20 01:45 PM
That is delivering essential supplies/food/medicine (making the delivery run) for older and/or compromised people who feel anxious about going out to shop. I think that's a great way to do a small, local task that could mean a lot to the most vulnerable members of our communities.

I see a lot of my friends posting IG stories of their traveling and clubbing - and I wish more people understood that while you may not be under a great threat (as a young/ish and healthy/ish person) - you could carry it and spread it to those who are more vulnerable.

Trying to stay home as much as possible - but also want my fam/friends/neighbors to know that we're all here for each other. I think the worst thing in America right now is this sense of "every man for himself" cowboy/rugged individualism mythos that typifies our current government. This is really exposing just how inept our public services/policies are.

-->