Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI went and stocked up this morning. Perfect timing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13373349&mesg_id=13373383
13373383, I went and stocked up this morning. Perfect timing.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Mar-15-20 01:46 AM
Shelves were already largely empty by 9 AM, but I still managed to get a solid supply of staples- canned goods, rice, beans, pasta, oats, snacks for the kids.

My wife was kind of annoyed because I did my norm shopping run earlier this week, and this run was about twice what I normally get, but it wasn't the usual items either.

Personally, I saw it as practical, not excessive. We're well stocked, but not overflowing. No pallets of anything, no industrial sized anything. But we're good.

Anyone who can stock up for two weeks absolutely should, because a lot of people aren't just buying up necessities. They're hoarding large quantities. Staying in, as much as possible, is at a premium right now. We cannot predict what's to come. We cannot predict the ability of stores to meet demand, or how long demand will continue to be so over the top, or if there will be greater shutdowns.

I don't know that I would have had anywhere near the same success if I had gone later than I did though, because shelves were damn near cleared at 9 am today. It's all pretty unsettling. The part that was a little hard was seeing the medicine aisles of three stores completeky cleaned out, particularly the children's medicines. I was able to get some though.

All in all, I feel exceedingly fortunate to be able to stock up without worry. Too many people don't have that luxury