Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGotta be extraverts that really dislike working from home
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13371332&mesg_id=13446064
13446064, Gotta be extraverts that really dislike working from home
Posted by flipnile, Tue Oct-26-21 04:31 PM
The type of people that can't be in a quiet room alone, because they start feeling all sad and depressed on the inside. Got a coworker that literally said that to me. The types that actually like going to bullshit-ass meetings, talking just to talk. Also, corporate hierarchies don't matter as much WFH, so it's much harder for the power-tripping-types (managers, supervisors, etc.) to fuck with people and stunt the same as when everyone is at the office.

I'm an introvert working in IT, so working from home is AWESOME. I get to spend more time with myself, more time with family, more time in my house, more time to sleep, home-cooked (healthier meals), no wasting money on takeout, no wasting hours a day commuting, morning workouts instead, dressing comfortably, nooners, etc. My home 'office' is a whole corner room, and I got two windows, a door, heater and a sound system. Fuck going back to a windowless cube. Shit, I can go work on my porch, any other room in my house, my backyard, or someone else's house. House is the biggest investment in my life, and I'm glad to spend more quality time in it.

Biggest of all, fuck having to share a bathroom with dozens of other dudes.

Working from home is awesome.