Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyep, yep and more yep
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13370114&mesg_id=13371545
13371545, yep, yep and more yep
Posted by MiracleRic, Fri Mar-06-20 12:16 PM
I think if Warren had dropped out 2 days early he would have lost the early warren voters and the "coalition" voters but I think he would have stolen at least TX and Mass for sure...

the other 3 states that split progressive vote would have still probably given him more delegates if not 1st place

i don't think Warren was being petty...i think her pragmatism just ended up being misguided and she got used

Klo and Pete got the memo (Pete would have hurt biden in those non-southern states had he stayed) but Liz hung in there...

i'm not mad at her for dropping out but i warned folks as soon Klo and Pete dropped out that she should have right behind them...she had already realized it would take a brokered convention...

i think she

a.) isn't quite as progressive as she initially pivoted (which is why she pivoted center a few times)

b.) thought she would get a bigger chunk of the progressive voters than she did (i did too until the center sliding)

shit, i'd still prefer her overall. we disagree on the bernie bros shade but only bc it's levels to the bernie bros...i like that his platform has so far been able to pull in people i like and dislike bc that's the broadness needed for a progressive. it's beyond time for the torch to be passed but i think more people are gonna go blue no matter what more than last time around