Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy conclusion: unless you support bernie... you are not progressive
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13370114&mesg_id=13370923
13370923, my conclusion: unless you support bernie... you are not progressive
Posted by akon, Wed Mar-04-20 05:05 PM
at least that's the conclusion i've gotten from that post
(and its getting too wieldy to come back to)
its really wierd to observe
i will say this; i believe biden supporters are making calculated decisions - and it has nothing to do with their political leanings neither does it mean that they love biden
and its wierd that instead of acknowledging this some of us are choosing to disparage/dismiss them
and for some of us.. it's the fact that we think that while bernie talks a good game -he doesn't have the mettle to walk the walk
and wouldnt get any of this done
i've felt this way since 2016- when i briefly flirted with him
nothing he's done since has changed my opinion (and nothing in his past -to me- warrants these accolades either)
-which is why i was really excited to support warren - i see her as a progressive that would put in the work
she just cant campaign for shit, lol

also... some of us have *yet* to cast our votes
i mean, we are 1/3 of the way and its really ironical that.. we are being told to make inroads to bernie
when his supporters could be making inroads to people to vote *for* him
I don't see the game as being called yet - shit seems to change over night.
but ... that's not the response, lol!
i think this explains why there has been a failure to build a grand coalition, tbh. this acting like politics is a zero sum game

anyway. y'all have at it.

all i know is im voting for the dem nominee in nov 2020. i really dont care who it is at this point. that's how much of a threat i see another 45 term to be. you should too.