Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm gonna type it here, so you niggas see it:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370890
13370890, I'm gonna type it here, so you niggas see it:
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Mar-04-20 03:37 PM
there is a significant, uneven divide in the "possible Democratic voting" bloc.

one side - perfectly OK with what the Democrats were doing pre-Trump. Any Blue Will Do, for the most part. Trump ruined it all.

other side - "no, actually -- this is fucked up." and when these get the attention of elected officials, all you get is lip service. they want a Democrat, but they care what they do.

today, this is the "Trump Must Go" vs. "Trump Gotta Go, But You Gotta Do Something Else" vote.

If I were to wager a guess, this is a 65/35 split. Or it was pre-Obama. Post-Obama, this has inched even further to being more even.

Both sides need to reconcile if Trump is to be added, and you'll need more, you'll need everything. But I wager the "Trump Gotta Go, But..." side, mostly consolidated in the Sanders vote, will be more difficult to corral. especially given the current state of the country.

it's a very real divide, and Joe Biden, Obama sidekick or not, is the absolute worst person for this task. unless the impossible happens and he actually integrates the left into his policy and puts a real plan in motion. Walleye has been saying this less angrily and more eloquently than I.

part of my Sanders backing calculus is that I believe "Get Trump TFO" (something he /HAS/ been repeatedly saying on the campaign trail) is an easier sell for the "We Want A Democrat" voter base then trying to sell an increasingly disaffected, and disgusted pool of people on ...the utter lack of vision Joe Biden provides.
It actually helps that he has "Stans". that energy will be needed against Donald Trump.

they're basically inverses of one another.

this isn't happening because Sanders supporters are "mean". it's because the Good Democrats have been fucking it up forever. that's what 2016 was about.

Not only that, but they've been peddling all kinds of disinfo for generations. as it pertains to Sanders, it's been about "Bros", and stupid ass calls for civility when a FASCIST is ruling the roost. propaganda that paints Sanders, a Northeastern grandpa who just wants to take the yoke off the back of the working class in Earnest.... as the lefty equivalent of Donald Trump.

like he's actually out here calling for a border wall, and the locking of kids in cages.

the idiot professional managerial class that has run the Democratic Party over the last quarter century has all been about the diversion. even the "good guys" who work through the system get compromised (see: Elizabeth Warren).

and Joe Biden, the epitome of someone who's benefited from disinfo, is the one left behind for the other right-wing candidates to coalesce?

I'm sorry, I want Trump out, too.
But you're really the ones with garbage takes thinking you're going to build a coalition around .... not even centrism. just emptiness.

this is before you get to the issues with Joe Biden personally, which have been covered all over the place.

Vex isn't even being a Stan. He wasn't even a Bernie guy for the longest; I'm actually surprised he's come all the way over to the left from what I thought was libertarianism.

But yeah, Bernie Bros.

Fuck outta here.