Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Where's reaction?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370709
13370709, RE: Where's reaction?
Posted by reaction, Wed Mar-04-20 12:10 PM
I think it's funny that most people are gleeful in here that they've stopped Bernie. The Bernie base cares first and foremost about policy, politics isn't a sport to us and we care about the material well being of others, hence "fight for someone you don't know". To me it is sad to be happy that 70,000 people a year will still die without M4A under Biden or Trump. That America will still have the most people in jail under Biden or Trump. That 500,000 people will still be homeless under Biden or Trump. That children will continue dying in Yemen under Biden or Trump. etc. etc.

I think a lot of people on here have nothing to really lose no matter who is in and live, comfortable, safe lives. That includes me, but I have empathy and compassion for the poor and disenfranchised and a Bernie administration would have had huge material effects on those people's lives and now it most likely won't. To me that is not cause for celebration.

Obviously things will be marginally better under Biden compared to Trump but there was so much hope for a truly better world with the Bernie movement. Does AOC have the stuff to make it next time, I think it's a possibility.