Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDNC got their wish but Biden stands no chance against Trump
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370656
13370656, DNC got their wish but Biden stands no chance against Trump
Posted by mashpg89, Wed Mar-04-20 10:45 AM
The man is clearly on the onset of senility and not sure how you can see that and think he'd be capable of being president or even continue running a campaign. I imagine it's only going to get worse before November and Trump will have no problem calling him out live in the debates. Plus Biden has no platform or message and despite all the shaming coming their way, many progressives will stay home and undecided voters won't be motivated by anything Biden has to say. There's sadly no way I see Biden beating Trump, and part of me thinks the DNC knows that but would still rather have Biden lose to Trump than Bernie lose (or even win).

It does make you wonder if Sanders went just a bit more to the center would the DNC have backed him because he clearly had the most grassroots support. That's something that should have been weaponized as the democrats will need it to beat Trump. It's a shame that Bernie's "anti-establishment" rhetoric, while much of it is legitimate and a huge part of his platform, was too much for most people. The media certainly played a role in painting him as divisive and radical too. If he had toned it down I think he could have won the nomination, and in the past 6 months he seemed most likely to win against Trump. Still think he could if he somehow gets the nomination.

I'm getting mentally prepared for 4 more years of Trump. Hope he doesn't do any irreparable damage and hope the DNC or voters learn from their mistakes and Bernie's message starts to become more talked about and not seen as "revolutionary". Also the lack of the youth vote is very troubling, not sure what more can be done about that as I thought Bernie was getting through to them. Maybe a progressive and precocious younger candidate could do the trick.