Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think people understand the movement behind Donald Trump
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370560
13370560, I don't think people understand the movement behind Donald Trump
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Mar-04-20 01:03 AM
This man is rallying thousands upon thousands everywhere he goes - and has won the narrative (even if it's full of lies and deceit). I don't think you beat Trump (when it's already historically difficult to beat an incumbent) by rolling out the same losing Hillary/Kerry/Gore recipe that has proven to be a losing formula.

Politics is not so much about left/right anymore as it is establishment vs. anti-establishment. We are in an anti-establishment era - and Dems are insistent on running the most traditional/establishment candidates that they can get away with coming out of the primary.

I'm sure most if not all of us here will vote for Biden. I'm also sure that legions of young voters who are aggrieved by this primary process and feel bullied will sit it out. Biden is a risky prospect when it comes to the very real possibility of depressing voter turnout. Obama won largely because he was able to bring out a lot of new/younger voters in large numbers. Biden may be borrowing the Obama brand - but he sure ain't Obama.

-->