Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAs the polls are closing, i have a couple of questions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370349
13370349, As the polls are closing, i have a couple of questions
Posted by akon, Tue Mar-03-20 06:22 PM
*beyond who you want to win i.e.*

1. what are some of the things you are looking at -vis a vis turnout -to give you hope for nov 2020?
- for me: i'd like to see a higher percentage of voters overall
- and especially younger people. its crucial they get involved in the political sphere
- there's probably other demographic breakdowns i should look at (race, e.g.), but my priority is turn out and young folk

2. how will the results affect how you vote down-ballot in nov
- are you voting for an all dems ticket or are you... being selective (i am thinking congressional seats here, tbh)
- are you thinking about the local elections as well - e.g. i voted for the primary for cummings seat here (MD) and i think there's a mayoral election too that is pivotal. i am definitely very much focused on the local level

3. are you planning on campaigning, canvassing, getting out the vote, etc. regardless of the nominee
- i think this one is interesting. for me, i am kind of unsure.
i have canvassed before... I lean on yes, because that idiot in the white house, his cabinet needs to go - as do most republicans
but i guess this question really should be is your political activism based on who the eventual nominee will be or are you aware of the threat that a 2nd 45 term carries and its all hands on deck.

or
4. are you one of those who think in *some* cases (e.g. if your preferred nominee does not win) then you can live with a 2nd term for trump? this i am curious about.
(full disclosure: i felt that way about bloomberg - like if he won i'd be like fuck it not voting. but then.... when i think of the judiciary (not just SC - what mcconnell as been doing with these lifetime appointments)... and i will vote for a toothpick before i sit out nov 2020.

other questions?