Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI want to talk about Elizabeth Warren as well:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370064
13370064, I want to talk about Elizabeth Warren as well:
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Mar-03-20 08:41 AM
it is true that she and Sanders offer similar visions of the future. Hers is without the grassroots organizing that IMO, is required of any Democratic candidate to win in the modern age.

it is true that personality-wise, she may be more palatable by people who are not extremely online.

but you know what else is true?

Regardless of how much she tries to play nice with the Neoliberal Dem establishment/donor class, opting to identify as "capitalist" (big mistake because with the 40 and under set, that term isn't as positive as you think), and such... THEY don't like her, nor do they trust her.

She got outpaced by Pete FUCKIN Buttigieg. A rookie mayor from South Bend. the first real gay candidate (no cap, that really is impressive to see, cheating aside, how long he hung in there). In South Carolina!!!

if she just realized who was really against her.
Not the Bernie Bros. Not sexists. The folks who are ironically throwing their money in SuperPACs behind her to keep the real threat out would use them against her if she were the lone "progressive".

The same people the "Bros" are maligning actually wanted her to fail, TOO.

To watch her (and some of her supporters) hide behind the shield of gender essentialism really pisses me off. It ain't about that.

Her POLITICAL decisions have been negative toward the people she should be courting the most. And to keep it 100, I have been Cuban B'ing a lot of unsavory things in her past to give her a chance.

At least it appears she might be responsible for not making it a "No Vote" situation for me, by killing the Bloomberg charade.

I don't care if she doesn't drop out. If they're really going to back Biden on some bullshit, it doesn't matter.

But under Trump term 2 I hope there is some reflection.