Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've got a practical question regarding ballots
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13370059
13370059, I've got a practical question regarding ballots
Posted by Walleye, Tue Mar-03-20 08:33 AM
Buttigieg and Klobuchar and possibly Steyer dropped out too late to actually be removed from the ballot in a lot of the states that will vote today, didn't they?

If that's true (I genuinely don't know - but assume somebody here does and googling it has been kind of a pain so I got bored) then I assume a lot of the models about what's going to happen today depend on some understanding of how neat and clean the big drop-out-and-endorse move went last night.

Or, to put it another way - the majority of voters are low-info voters. Which means there could be thousands of people who go to the polls today and see Amy Klobuchar on the ballot (again, please correct if I'm wrong about this) and think about something they heard about her and go "sure, she'll do." And if that's right, there must be some good way to predict what that process is going to look like. But it sounds, uh, delightfully messy if you're a stats nerd and horrifyingly messy if you have a result that you're really in the tank for.