Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTo hold dropping out against Steyer, Pete, and Amy also assumes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369593&mesg_id=13369826
13369826, To hold dropping out against Steyer, Pete, and Amy also assumes
Posted by kfine, Mon Mar-02-20 02:54 PM
it was solely their decision tho.

Pete literally did an interview *yesterday morning* on MTP telling Chuck Todd he intended to stay in the race.

Something definitely happened in between when they filmed that and the announcement later on. It just didn't make any sense with how his campaign has been rolling thus far.

I think certain ppl were under tremendous pressure to drop out, but Warren gets a pass because her coalition overlaps Bernie's so much.

I don't entirely think Warren's February cash haul was due to her Nevada performance, either. I think the establishment/donor class also see her as a very practical foil against Bernie and after learning of her financial issues rallied to keep her campaign infrastructure afloat for that purpose (25m in 3 days but doing worse than Pete in SC, even with her higher polling among black voters). If she dropped Bernie would presumably get a huge boost and they don't want that.

Selfishness at play but not with the dropouts imho. Maybe Biden tho. He really fucking wants this and would prefer everybody ignore his red flags lol

edit: and to be clear, I think I also would have favored they all take it to the convention over this staggered coronation bs lol

>
>But from a politics point alone, dropping out after early
>voting but before Super Tuesday is so insanely selfish and
>self serving that it feels like sabotage.
>There’s no good will extended to Klobachur, Buttigieg, or
>Steyer ... none.