Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectagree/disagree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13369170&mesg_id=13369290
13369290, agree/disagree
Posted by double negative, Thu Feb-27-20 02:49 PM
I'm team you in the sense that I'm not worried

well, my first worry is lockdown and so I've stocked up a bit just in case.

BUUUUT

when it comes to the disease itself the part that has me slightly worried is the fact that it's easily communicable + has a comparatively low fatality rate which means it can spread like shit and potentially kill a fuckload of people by playing a numbers game - where as something like ebola was harder to get but it had a much much higher rate of fatality.

it's not like spanish bird flu, healthy young people are not dying from it - but it has a crazy infection rate

HOWEVER

looking over the collected day over day metrics I can't tell the rates are receding, plateaued or gearing up for a jump - the US has 100 confirmed cases which could become thousands

HOWEVER

yeah, it's all kind of just a really fucked up flu, 80% of cases are mild and looking at numbers the extreme cases seem related to preexisting conditions + old age

I'M LIKE

get a face mask, some sanitizer and just be ready.

it's not the knowing thats bad right now, its all the unknowns. If the WHO or CDC is saying "Guard your grill, knuckle up, put em up, yup!" then do that shit and make sure the xbox or steam or whatever is all up to date.