Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI will have no problem voting for Biden.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13368663&mesg_id=13369824
13369824, I will have no problem voting for Biden.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Mar-02-20 02:54 PM
It's its namely because I think he is a decent man who has devoted his life to public service (or as decent as an older white guy can be) who tries to do the right thing and though he has made plenty of mistakes has done more good than bad.

I give it another 5 years before all the woke progressives will be completely tearing down Obama the way they doing Biden now (and yeah they have already begun) and yeah I understand that's what younger people do and that's how you change the page of history and move forward but it's a litle annoying to have 20 somethings explain to older black folk how terrible the 90s crime bill was (not talking about you specifically (I don't know how old you are), just keep seeing it in other places).

The fact of the matter is we are coming down to four 70+ white people candidates so it seems like we aren't really going to change the page of history completely this election.

I think this tweet better explains how I feel about it.

https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/1234239472788742144

Older Black Voters are trying to manage the downside more than hope for the upside. The downside of Bernie and Warren is we nominate another Mcgovern and Trump gets re-elected.

I really don't care what polls say today, putting up Bernie is a huge unknown for general election voters and if we put up Biden his worst detractors know that instead of voting for the unknown, for a familiar presence and will likely get a third term of Obama with Biden.

>I dont understand how under 35 black liberal/progressive
>voters as well as the conservatives (maybe one of yall can
>break it down to me) how you could vote for someone who has
>been caught in lies, befriends segregationist, vote for the
>Crime Bill, freeze SS, desegregation of bussing, lied about
>aparthied/civil right movements, etc.?

As far as this? *Shrugs*

- They will all get caught in lies (some bigger than others)

- If you have had a long career you can understand how it's possible to have a relationship with someone's whose views you detest.

- We were all overly concerned with crime and deficits in the 80/90s.

- I don't think its clear Bussing was a success and the best way to improve black education (I personally think the better solution was invest more in black school).

- who cares if instead of arrested in South Africa, he was detained?

etc., etc. You just don't have a long career, especially in politics, without making mistakes and telling tale tells. Hey the older I get the more my stories are getting bigger and bigger.

But don't get it wrong. I am not arguing that Biden is this non-racist great person, I just don't understand the argument that Biden is somehow degrees worst than the other candidates remaining.

I am pro-Warren and I am still hoping there is a path for her to get the nomination, but if it's not her I will have no problem voting for Biden and will gladly do it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"