Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwell i wrote this in reply #189:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13368663&mesg_id=13369644
13369644, well i wrote this in reply #189:
Posted by Reeq, Sun Mar-01-20 11:57 PM
'p booty and klo klo would prolly already be in the dust bin by now instead of whatever temporary resurgence they got after the 1st 2.'

that was written last night. we learned today that p booty is indeed in the dust bin after the 1st 4 contests lol. klo klo should follow but is staying in for some strange reason.

>On one hand you have the early narrative to keep you around
>until SC kicks the shit out of you.
>
>On the other hand if you win one of four states on the first
>day of voting I think you stick around for Super Tuesday.
>
>I know I would...

thats assuming you would still win 1 of the 4 states in the new system/order. p booty went with a top heavy approach where he flooded ia and nh with resources simply because they were 1st...and he thought a good showing would change the course of his campaign because those states (especially ia) have an outsized effect on the early election prognosis.

now imagine him having spread those resources out over 4 different states. or him putting his resources mostly into 1 or 2 states and nearly abandoning the 2 others. theres no guarantee things play out the same way. and more importantly...theres less benefit to concentrating to heavily on those small delegate states when theres little additional incentive past the delegate count (like media coverage, fundraising surge, etc).

>I still lean towards putting them on the same day or much
>closer so you don’t have weeks of fake ass hype after one
>state.

fake hype before and after. niggas spending *months* at county fairs and 20 person pub rallies all to win a state with like 1% of the delegates. candidates have dropped out because they didnt poll well or didnt raise enough money to finish strong in this *1* state. even tho their outlook was better in nv, sc, etc.