Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecttakeaways:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13368663&mesg_id=13368976
13368976, takeaways:
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Feb-26-20 07:22 AM
- I actually like Tom Steyer. He didn't get much time to talk but highlighting that he ran a campaign to impeach Trump well before anyone else was a good idea. He's sincere. Doesn't seem to be an asshole. The opposite of Bloomberg.

- Bernie. Consistent. Even when he was talked over. Best parts were when he called Benjamin Netanyahu a "reactionary racist" and NO ONE pushed back. People even cheered. The other was when he said that the US overthrows governments, illustrating why he has a better grip on reality than the rest of the field. Liked his answer on marijuana. All of these things seem to be common sense, but since we're in the United States of America, which is fucked up...

- Warren. Smacking Bloomberg didn't have the same effect though I am glad she did it (and that she had an interview afterward explaining why she went there); her answers were mostly good, but she stumbles the way she always does. Trying to fit within the parameters of what the party seems appropriate (the Middle East answer was horrible, but to be fair the question was also bullshit). Queen of Unforced Errors.

- Klobuchar. Nothing much to say here, but they need to put her next to Pete again (more on him later). I had to LOL @ her "making the world better" comment towards the end. Yeah, sure made that teen's life better by sentencing to life in prison off next to zero evidence.

- Biden. Sounded better. His answers, while some of them may have bee bullshit, were confident. His "put a black woman on the Supreme Court" was a cheap pop but effective. At least I know that if all failed and he was the nominee, the Supreme Court would be in much better hands than they would Donald Trump's. I don't feel the same about Bloomberg.

- Pete. THIS motherfucker. Came through with the rehearsed, bullshit answers that belies his tender age of 37. What person born in 1982 thinks the '60s political movements are bad? Your wackass benefited from them! AND TO SAY THAT IN A STATE WHERE SO MANY OF THE VOTERS ARE BLACK?! You dumb motherfucker. Such a kissass, get this motherfucker up outta here, South Carolina.

- Bloomberg. Didn't look good. But was cushioned by an audience who clearly paid to see him. It was still an improvement over the disaster of the last debate. I don't believe he instilled too much confidence in anyone but the kind of folks that would drop $1700 for a one-time event.

The moderators asked some really bullshit questions: tired, establishment bullshit like the question about the troops, like the questions about Cuba (FIDEL CASTRO HAS BEEN DEAD FOR YEARS, ASSHOBBITS), all kinds of things that are made to boost the "moderates" whose constituency I am beginning to question. Fayle being up in that group was like the cherry on top of this laughter sundae.

Whole shit was a mess.

Man, fuck Pete. That dude is a goon (portmanteau) in the worst way.