Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti feel like this is a place to talk about common media literacy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13368441&mesg_id=13368480
13368480, i feel like this is a place to talk about common media literacy
Posted by hardware, Sat Feb-22-20 11:28 AM
just common sense shit instead of tinfoil hat which helps when trying to identify a bot.

• read the mf article
a clickbait headline isn't a slimeball tactic in and of itself. Snappy titles are a normal part of news and have been. The whole point of the snappy title is to get you in to READ THE ARTICLE. If you cant atm, just bookmark it for later IN PRIVATE. Don't just repost the shit 'for later'.

• people trust your opinion more than you think they do
just by the fact that you share an article does effect how its perceived. People already know what your biases are and that can sway or deter others. Conversely saying 'i don't know' will sometimes stop the spread of bad information as it might remind others that the also don't really have the time or expertise to determine the validity of a claim.

• if you've never heard of the source, keep it moving
even if it falls totally in line with whatever cause or agenda you have, be wary of sites or sources you've never seen before and seem eerily of a brand. Follow the link to the site and more often than not, it'll look like its held up with scotch tape.

(i still can't believe folks fell for occupydemocrats)

add on