Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe Patchwork Fan Theory Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13368341
13368341, The Patchwork Fan Theory Post
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-21-20 12:00 PM
Pick a book or movie. Then name an unrelated work as the prequel or sequel. As long as it makes superficial sense, it's all good, but more complex and nuanced theories are welcome.

This post is inspired by my son's current favorite bedtime story, Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

As I was reading this last night, it dawned on me:

This joint is a prequel to Falling Down. This is the William Foster origin story. Australia didn't quite work out, and Falling Down was the last terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day he'd endure without a fight.
13368363, *nods head* please, tell us more....
Posted by seasoned vet, Fri Feb-21-20 01:13 PM
13368370, ......there's nothing more to tell.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-21-20 01:41 PM
It was just a random thought that I had, that I thought would work as a jump off for a fun, whimsical and creative thread.

13368366, so...essentially Denzel Washington's career then?
Posted by double negative, Fri Feb-21-20 01:27 PM
13368368, I don't understand what you mean by that
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-21-20 01:39 PM
13368373, nice try abrams, were not giving you more cloverfield ideas
Posted by mista k5, Fri Feb-21-20 01:54 PM
13368374, this post has not gone the way I hoped
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-21-20 01:58 PM
At all, lmao
13368397, it happens to all of us
Posted by mista k5, Fri Feb-21-20 03:44 PM
ive had my share of post ideas i thought would be awesome. most of the time i back out of it before hitting post. there have been some that i do post and they sink hard lol

i get what youre trying to do but im definitely not the best person to make these links. ive never been to invested in movies so they just dont stick in my mind much. im sure ill watch a movie in a few months and think of this post.
13368378, Short Circuit -> blade runner -> terminator -> transformers
Posted by PG, Fri Feb-21-20 02:16 PM
johnny 5 has the incept dates all he needs is the energon cubes linda hamilton has been stockpiling.

I didn't do that right but I'm closer to what you're looking for than these others ain't I?
13368380, I'll take it!
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-21-20 02:24 PM
>johnny 5 has the incept dates all he needs is the energon
>cubes linda hamilton has been stockpiling.
>
>I didn't do that right but I'm closer to what you're looking
>for than these others ain't I?

A thousand thank you's!

I actually dig the idea in the header, though, yeah... the explanation needs work lol

Actually, you can cut out Blade Runner entirely.

Transformers seems more like a post-Terminator progression, as the result of an evolution of terminator AI, or something.
13368440, yeah agreed
Posted by PG, Fri Feb-21-20 05:42 PM
you're right about that... blade runner and terminator are like two alternates to each other.. like either we've got the robots under our thumb or they got us but not both.. and you're totally right about the terminator to transformers evolution potential I think.

I have to say I laughed my ass off at your first one of the no good day to falling down. lol still chuckle.