Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthose are alarming numbers.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13368038&mesg_id=13368364
13368364, those are alarming numbers.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-21-20 01:24 PM
Safety is paramount, and that's why we keep a relatively small circle in terms of who they spend ANY time alone with.

As far as babysitters.... we got... grandma and one close friend of my wife's, on occasion. There's my sister and another close friend of MJ my wife's, but that's about it, and it's not very often

I do have concerns about overall quality of lif though, and I don't want my children to grow up overly paranoid and fearful of people. So I think vigilance and consistent communication is key.

I.e, there are no secrets. I never ask my kids to not tell my wife something, even something small or inconsequential, and they know that that's the rule for everyone: no secrets, about anything, for anyone, for any reason.

One time, my daughter out me on blast for a flippant "thanks a lot, mom" comment I made. She was away for training for a week for her job, and made a promise of a toy for my son at the end of the week.

Well, he was 4, and didn't really pay attention to the "end of the week" part, and thought he was getting it after he got out of school. So after a three hour tantrum, I caved, because, frankly, he had a valid complaint lmao. So I'm at Walmart at 9 PM, buying my son a play kitchen, and I muttered "thanks a lot mom".

And my daughter let her I know ik blamed her for that whole thing, and I just had to eat it lmao. Because that's the price of transparency, because it's more important that she never, ever feel that she has to keep secrets for or from anyone, especially her parents.