Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSHOULD have been Warren, but she's distanced herself
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13367721&mesg_id=13367799
13367799, SHOULD have been Warren, but she's distanced herself
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Feb-19-20 11:07 AM
from Sanders so much this cycle that I dunno about that option. That was my ideal ticket in 2016 too (Warren/Sanders).

I think it HAS to be a woman, or identity politics sake, and ideally a POC. My head says Tulsi though they will make her divisive, and I think she'd be a better Secretary of State. My heart says Nina Turner, but I think they will try to paint her as an "angry Black woman". Stacy Abrams is really interesting politically. I think she could help develop that ticket, and honestly is a game changer for all the candidates. Her and Bloomberg I think would be unbeatable but it checks the money, machine, and identity politics boxes. But her and Sanders I think could beat Trump, even though I don't know if it is a complete ideological match since so much of that for Abrams is unknown to me. In the end probably should still be Warren, to help bridge that level of voter that is #NeverSanders after how he was mean to Hillary and Elizabeth. But she also needs to stay in the Senate or Massachusetts Governor will appoint his replacement. I think Abrams is the move. Black Woman VP and Progressive Platform gets voters out I believe, and doesn't cost us anything in Congress.