Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm not falling for anything lol.I do my research,I observe,I don't like.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13367410&mesg_id=13368791
13368791, I'm not falling for anything lol.I do my research,I observe,I don't like.
Posted by kfine, Tue Feb-25-20 01:15 PM
*shrug*

It's not much more complicated than that.

Do you guys honestly believe everybody's this "closeted Bernie supporter"... just longing to find the courage to come out or something??

lol

>...do you really believe of his millions of online
>supporters, the majority are meanies???

I wouldn't use your term "meanies", but I've definitely witnessed the harassment characteristic of his base both on- and off-line over the course of the entire primary. You can't just gaslight people on this when there's clear evidence lol.

Ava Duvernay just got swarmed a few days ago all because of *one tweet* expressing she was undecided but not leaning Bernie. In response to this she received death threats and some of Bernie twitter literally said she should be guillotined. The harassment is definitely real (https://twitter.com/ava/status/1231305432603463681) and unique to Sanders' base.

...i get, it's hard
>to find dirt on the guy. He's squeaky clean. But find
>something REAL to complain about.

Well, I mean..."squeaky clean" is *your* assessment tho. Before even getting to where I disagree with some of his policy prescriptions:

- I think his poor leadership on the Senate VA committee hasn't gotten the scrutiny it should, considering he's trying to overhaul the US healthcare system. He brags often about the reforms that were enacted to help folks out as they tried to improve conditions, but the reality is he dragged his feet and only cracked down in his oversight capacity after too many veterans were dying under his watch (in interviews from that time, he comes across as extremely biased/over-protective of the VAs single-payer model imho);

-I think Jane O. Sanders' Burlington College fiasco - despite not being related at all to Bernie's legislateive work - is concerning, considering he's said she's a frequent advisor and she could be a more hands-on FL like HRC was. I basically view Burlington College as a case study of their whole "overpromise-underdeliver-underfinance" approach to policy and I'm still amazed that in only *5y* of leadership under "Sanders Doctrine" she managed to bankrupt a school that had been functioning for decades;

-He has the least productive congressional record out of any current or former member of congress in the race and, until yesterday, had provided the least indication of where the revenues would come from for his platform - where he still falls approx. 10-20T short on financing healthcare according to the vast majority of estimates.

I mean I could probably think of more, but I know how much you guys like him and my goal isn't to just blindly tear the man down. It's more that I'm just not very... convinced that he'd be a successful nom or pres. And he's NOT the only viable candidate offering solutions for things like universal health coverage or tuition-free college. So, all I've been trying to say in this sub-thread is that his policy prescriptions and/or politics are not beyond interrogation/criticism... and in/between democratic societies it's supposed to be ok to voice/debate those concerns. Not get "put on a guillotine list" like Ava lol.