Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm not saying that, necessarily
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13366378&mesg_id=13366880
13366880, I'm not saying that, necessarily
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Feb-12-20 04:18 PM
>You had 2 choices. They chose Bernie in 2016.
>
>It’s 2020. Some of those voters have other people they like
>more right now.
>
>It happens.

I'd expect him to lose some support, because last time a vote for Bernie could have easily just been a vote against Hillary and only that.

But 40% or whatever?

All I'm saying is I wish his passionate supporters would be able to talk about the possibility that he underperformed- at least a little.

Again, Warren flamed the fuck out. You would think that those voters- at least most of them- would have moved to Bernie...but it sure doesn't look like it.

Pete wasn't supposed to be that close to Bernie in NH. And Amy?

I'm not saying he isn't the frontrunner- he is. I'm not saying the next states shouldn't favor him more than Pete- they definitely should.

But as far as momentum? I thought it would at least be a convincing win- especially with Warren flopping.

>
>I think the real story is people suggesting Bernie’s voters
>were all passionate nutcases who would die for him was
>nonsense.

Yes and no.

One thing that actually has me more pro-Bernie than I would have predicted 6 months ago is the diversity of his supporters, etc.

And their passion. Not the crazy passion, mind you- but I sort of figured a 'movement' would have some really dedicated, though silent supporters.

Actually, Doc said Bernie's campaign looks most like Obamas in terms of organization and passion. He put it better than I just did, but his statement actually sold me on Bernie more than anything else said on here.

So his support is what makes me feel better about his chances.

But then he *barely* beats Pete in a state where he dominated last time??

Where he already had name recognition, his organization, etc?

I don't know man. Makes me nervous. I go back and forth a lot because of Trump. I want the slam dunk.

Again, I'm just scratching my head at Warren basically a no-show and Bernie eeking out the w.

>
>I’m voting for Bernie but I would’ve entertained voting
>for Warren if she kept her shit together. I’m not a
>passionate Bernie Bro even tho I have been accused of it
>because I push back at the ridiculous Bro blaming on here.
>
>

Heres my thing- I was called a Bernie Bro last cycle because I didn't like Hillary and I definitely didn't like her chances. I grew to hate the term, and I don't think all Bernie supporters are bros. I definitely don't think you are, because I've seen you go back and forth. Not every Bernie supporter is a bro.

The bros - to me- are the ones who refuse to stop and talk this shit out. Who can't discuss things logically, or accept that some of us are just scared Bernie won't win.

And the ones who set much higher standards for Warren than any other candidate.

Now, Warren and her team have fucked up a lot.

The media has gone extra hard on her, and she played into it by being transparent (ironic).

But the bros helped take her down too. Helped chip at her credibility, etc. Because there are a group of supporters who want Bernie and only Bernie. It is sort of cult like.

So some of them trashed Liz at any opportunity. Even on here, dudes were furious she wouldn't shake his hand (lol).

And did it help Bernie even? Nope- doesn't look like it. Looks like a lot of Warren voters moved to Pete and/or Amy.

So how did their relentless attacks on Warren help the progressive cause? Lets say Amy drops out...how much of that support probably goes to Pete?

Those are the bros.

But to the point of the post- I just think its weird they can't even consider the possibility for a second that NH was at least a little disappointing.

Mostly, because if folks can't look back and learn lessons we are fucked.

Remember right after Hillary lost, and certain people only wanted to talk about Russia, Bernie, 'she won the popular vote!', etc?

A lot of people refused (or downplayed) to talk about how poorly Hillary did in the midwest, etc?

That is a much more serious case, but when anyone's stannery gets to a point where they can't sincerely reflect that's an issue to me.

So, even though his supporters won't talk about it I really hope his campaign is internally.

That said, I think SC is going to be huge. If Bernie can't slaughter Pete in SC? I dunno man.