Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt really hasn't come up much, has it?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13366378&mesg_id=13366780
13366780, It really hasn't come up much, has it?
Posted by Walleye, Wed Feb-12-20 12:38 PM
I don't really know why I post in political threads on okayplayer. I certainly didn't used to very often, so it's gotta largely be an expression of anxiety and desire for comradeship or something. But when I actually think about a purpose while I'm typing things here that purpose is to try and convince people here to be okay with left candidates.

Maybe talking about foreign policy and war in particular would be a more successful avenue on this board? The president has more individual control over foreign policy than most of the issues that we're talking about, and generally (not going to go beyond "generally" here) this board is much further left on foreign policy than it is on domestic economic issues.

Though my obstacle to discussing it more is that I actually don't know that much about the world outside some pretty basic extensions of my beliefs about capitalism.

"The United States is a malign force in the world because we protect the interests of capital abroad even more violently than we do domestically. We are villains. That's bad, and we should stop it."

That's it. I emptied out the bag. Don't have much more to say, sadly.