Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Exactly right:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13366378&mesg_id=13366485
13366485, RE: Exactly right:
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Feb-11-20 02:09 PM

>To be fair, its not necessarily about finding a black
>candidate but one folks agree with, trust, and trust white
>folks to vote for.

I don't think this is as accurate of a statement as it once was. This is where there's a clear generational divide in the electorate. Black voters over 50 may very well still hold those views that you just outlined, but Black voters under 35 aren't making their voting decisions based on who they "trust white folks to vote for" - they are making decisions based on the candidate who is the best advocate for their communities. That's an emerging trend we should welcome.

>Bloomberg is a thing because of a)money and b) no good
>moderate option.
>
>Kamala and Booker each made the mistake of trying to take up
>the progressive lane, or in Bookers case, no lane.

I think Kamala did her best to operate in both the progressive and moderate lane. Booker as well (more or less) - they both weren't considered the "progressive" candidates in this race.

>Look how it helped Pete once he embraced that lane.
>
>There's just no good options left in that lane.
>
>I've said it before, but if I *was* a moderate I would not be
>happy at all with my choices this go around.

Pete has been the beneficiary of Biden's collapse, and you're right, the moderates have rallied around him -- but while the older Black voter is certainly very moderate (even conservative) - the younger Black voter is far more progressive, which is why Sanders has 20% of the aggregate Black vote - and is trending upwards.

-->