Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis isn't my read at all.There were 4 BLACK CANDIDATES this primary.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13366378&mesg_id=13366471
13366471, This isn't my read at all.There were 4 BLACK CANDIDATES this primary.
Posted by kfine, Tue Feb-11-20 01:00 PM
lol

NONE of them led black support. None of them even led at all! Who were black people (supposedly) rallying behind? Biden. The whole Marianne Williamson-ADOS thing. Bloomberg's surging now from his ads *shrug* I just really don't think that "slap a black face on the ticket" mentality will necessarily win folks over.

Ideology and gender seem to have been the stronger divides this cycle, imho. I think a unity ticket this time around would more so look like.. A male nominee partnering with a female running mate and vice/versa. Or a moderate partnering with a progressive or vice/versa.

I mean maybe some intersectionality could help??? Like a black female running mate for white male nominee? I guess? But I just don't even think that's the way to read the moment tbh.

Like I myself cringe when I see Symone Sanders having to defend Biden's record/gaffes on the airwaves. I would just feel sorry for a Abrams or Harris or whoever constantly getting trotted out to "clean up". Ugh.

>can possibly even think about winning if he
>gets the Dem nod is by having a Black VP.