Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI found myself nodding at a lot of that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13364708&mesg_id=13367845
13367845, I found myself nodding at a lot of that
Posted by Walleye, Wed Feb-19-20 01:40 PM
>Had they run a real primary then Bernie would be our Ron Paul.
> A fringe candidate very few took seriously. That is even if
>he ran in '16.

That tracks. And I think there's some evidence to support the idea that this is basically how he understood his own campaign in 2016 until he actually started getting some real traction. It was a protest campaign that grew legs.

>And they didn't flush the clinton campaign folks down the
>toilet like they should have.

Yeah. I'm sure they're pleasant people who want good things for the world (I am actually not sure of this, but whatever) but they're in a high stakes job and there has to be consequences for fumbling as badly as they did.

>Theres no reason Kamala should
>be at home while Amy and Pete are still on the stage.

Yeah, absolutely. Though sometimes I think this may just be one of the stupider outcomes of our interminable election season. Kamala threw a punch at Biden and actually got some movement in one of those early debates, and then the momentum subsided... and that was, what, five months ago and four months before a single vote was cast? Seems like a dumb way to do things.

But this campaign would benefit from her presence in it. And Castro. I disagree with them on pretty much anything that's actually important, but they're serious people and are good candidates in the traditional sense. By contrast,Buttigieg is... not a serious person.