Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI finally get why older black voters are okay with Biden and Bloomberg.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13364708&mesg_id=13367800
13367800, I finally get why older black voters are okay with Biden and Bloomberg.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-19-20 11:10 AM
I was chopping it up with some older family members and it's hard to reconcile how they were team Jesse Jackson in 84 and die hard Obama fans, but are okay with Biden and even Bloomberg but won't give Bernie the time of day and to me it seems like it all comes down to the belief that all white folks are racist.

If you believe that referring to some racist comments any of them make isn't shocking or revelatory at all. If you believe that you believe that there isn't much difference with Sanders, he just hasn't been caught yet.

If that's the case then the only thing you really worry about is electability (rightly or wrongly being able to gauge that) because you simply don't believe that these progressive politicians will deliver on all that they are promising but you know that they will be marginally better than trump (and not as openly racist).

The only other group I see approaching politics like this are my native american friends. They put NO faith in the government to do the right thing.

It's cynical and very transactional but I can't say it's completely wrong or unwarranted.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"