Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAlso related to your post: a HS friend of mine called me a "snake" ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13362288&mesg_id=13362346
13362346, Also related to your post: a HS friend of mine called me a "snake" ...
Posted by Brew, Wed Jan-15-20 03:17 PM
.. when we were in college, cause I'd hooked up with a girl who had just that week dumped another kid we went to high school with. My friend was like, peripherally friends with this girl's ex-BF. I never really even considered the ex-BF a friend (and didn't really know that my friend was all that close with him until this happened), despite having known him throughout high school and having been cordial with him. Hence why I had absolutely no problem taking down his smoking hot ex-girlfriend the day she became single haha.

But our mutual friend apparently had a very serious issue with this and called me out of the blue, drunk, like a week later to tell me how much of a backstabbing snake I was. I was shocked, at first I thought he must've been kidding. Again, I had no idea he even really cared about this kid - I'd always thought that they just happened to run in the same larger circle of friends/people.

We didn't speak for a little while after that. Was a weird hill to potentially kill our friendship on IMO. But we eventually buried the hatchet, and are actually pretty close again these days.